Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Logo

When we began making our logos I was apprehensive because I had never began a drawing of anything by making lists of words. Once I started making the lists I still didn't quite understand how this would work. I spent a long time drawing out little pictures for all of the words that I had written out. When I had all of these images drawn up we started to combine them. I found it hard to figure out how to combine very different images into one. But then it began to come together and it became easier to see connections in two separate images and combine them. I made several combinations but the one that stood out the most was of a dress and a curving road. While it did begin with a swimming suit instead of a dress but the shape of the dress worked much better with the way the road looks. After many different alterations to the shape I came up with one that both showed the curving road going into the distance and the image of a dress. While I didn't know how this way of working would go when I began I found as we went along that this process was very helpful for getting your thoughts in order to make a better logo as your final product.

1 comment:

  1. The dress logo looks great too! You should try to scan it so you can post a picture of it with this post.

    ReplyDelete